After a little while to cool off from my last visit to Mr Lube, I thought I should perhaps give them a second shot. Maybe my last visit was a typical…
So I went this morning to get my oil changed.
Pros of my most recent visit:
- I was taken immediately
- The technician were very kind and friendly
- I was offered a coffee while I waited
- They performed the oil change in about 15-20 minutes
- Items marked as completed on my invoice were never done
- "Cabin Air Filter -> Appears OK", it was never examined (not that I would have changed it with them after my last experience)
- "Wiper Blades -> Appears Ok", unless you can check wipers without lifting them up and actually looking at them, they were not validated
- "Battery Test Passed", no one ever tested the battery
- "Tire Pressure -> PSI OK" and "Tire Press Pneu", no one ever check the tire pressure
- "Sealed Graissage Scelle", questionable as the technician was asking were the sealer was and was told by another employee to never mind
At the end of the day, I went there for an oil change, so the fact that my tire pressure wasn't actually check isn't the end of the world. I just don't like it being indicated that it was performed when it wasn't and then it make me wonder about everything else they supposedly are doing (including the oil change itself).
Also, the price for a simple oil change was 51.24$+taxes which came out to 58.91$. When you compare that to going to say Canadian Tire, where it would cost you 36.14$, there is a 22.77$ (63%) difference in price for the same service. Actually at Canadian Tire you get a free inspection of your car at the same time.
You make up your own mind. For an oil change it is one thing. They are fast, courteous and you don't have to wait around. Beyond that, I personally would go elsewhere.